Monday, April 07, 2008

Petraeus: Weasal, Yes. Scumbag, Yes. Liar, Probably Not

The rumor is that Davey P. will report to Congress next week, that Iranians fought side by side with Mehdi Army militia during the siege of Basra a week ago and that he will use this information to bolster Bush/Cheney's call for direct military intervention into Iran.

I think he may report that the weapons used by the Mehdis came from Iran, because that is true. There is no place else they probably could have come from. I don't think there were Iranians fighting in Basra. I don't think there is or ever will be any proof that there were. I don't think the Iranians like Moctada that much. I think any weapons he gets from Iran, he pays for.

Davey is smart. He's seen where lying has gotten the other big boys in this game. He has a career to manage.

No comments: