Thursday, April 16, 2009

Who Would Be Left?

I don't have a problem with the tea baggers out in force yesterday, protesting high taxes and big government. I am more concerned with the spending of money that the government doesn't have than high taxes and am more against government programs that are full of waste and corruption than money spent that actually does some good for somebody. That's mostly semantics though. I think I agree with them, that the government is fucked up.

The reason I'm not a big Republican voter or supporter, is that they continue to provide a home for the religious fanatics seeking to impose their rules on everyone, the xenophobes who want to stigmatize, ostracize and persecute those that don't meet their strict definition of "real American" and the warmongers who want to bully and terrorize the rest of the World through constant military aggression. These three groups were the face of the late, unlamented Bush administration. This was the same administration whose profligate spending and blatant graft and corruption dwarfed anything that had gone on in America before. They get rid of those people and I'll support them. The problem is, who would be left? Right now, I have no place to go but the Democrats, uncomfortable as I may be with that.

No comments: