Friday, November 23, 2007

The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed

The Constitution of the United States doesn't say anything about abortion or assisted suicide. It doesn't really say anything about prayer in schools or whether or not this is a "Christian" nation. There is one thing it's pretty clear about, though. The right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. The Constitution doesn't say you can only have semi-automatic "sporting arms" of a certain caliber. It doesn't say those guns can only have five shot magazines. It doesn't even say guns. It says arms. Arms is, by definition, pretty much everything you can use to kill other people with. AK-47s are not legal in this country. The main reason is that they are very efficient at killing people, in large volumes and they sell for about thirty dollars on the World market, making them just about the perfect self defense weapon for everybody. RPGs are not legal for individuals to own, neither are SAMs. They are arms, none the less, and if I was interested in protecting me and mine from enemies both foreign and domestic, I would want them. I am and I do. The next time some gaping soccer twat, in her Lincoln Navigator, balancing her cell phone in one hand and her Starbuck's sippy cup in the other, hauling six screaming brats and a golden lab across town, tries to run me down, while I'm riding my little red, plastic moped innocently along in the gutter, I'd feel a lot better if I had an RPG strapped to my back.

If the little fuck faced Catholic boy's club that controls SCOTUS is really serious about being strictly constructionist, which is a total laugh, let them give the people of this great nation their due. Let us arm ourselves.

2 comments:

bothenook said...

too late. i already have

Anonymous said...

Your anti-Catholic bigotry is entirely distasteful. Can't you say anything constructive? Why don't you substitute everywhere you say "Catholic" with "Jewish" and see how it sounds then.