Friday, February 29, 2008

Self Image

I rarely invite anyone into my house. Those that come in almost never return.

I almost never buy anything, including food, that doesn't come off a clearance rack.

Some of my clothes are still left over from the '70s. With the exception of underwear, I don't have any clothes newer than the late '80s. I am not the original owner of any of them.

I cut my own hair and beard with some dog clippers I bought at Pick n Save, for $8.99.

I ride around town on a shredded, 20 year old, 2stroke Honda scooter. I weigh three times as much as the scooter. It was never designed to carry anyone my size.

I'm at least 40 pounds overweight and was not considered to be even remotely handsome, at any time in my younger, thinner past.

When I am near, people tend to give me plenty of room. Small children stay close to their mothers. Policeman look at me, then turn away. I do not look prosperous enough to be involved in criminal activity.

Self actualization is a relative achievement.

1 comment:

beebs said...

"Be the Ball" Caddyshack.

I used to have big plans, but I've condensed my plans to a simpler, simpler life. I'll never marry Angelina Jolie, or be elected Senator from California.

I just try to be the best beebs I can be.