Monday, July 05, 2010

Fun With Your New Head

I was reading an article about how it's possible that clinical depression can lead to dementia.

Several doctors over the last couple decades have advised me that I exhibit most of the symptoms of a chronic depressive. Most of them have tried to push meds for it on me. I always refuse. That's one of the great things about being a depressive, you just don't give a shit.

So, back to the idea that depression might be a precursor to or even a causal factor for dementia. Hey, that might make for a nice change.

Other dementia news. They're working on a blood test that could diagnose Alzheimer's a full decade before symptoms start to appear.  Man, I'm looking forward to that one!

2 comments:

Lee said...

dementia might be the cure for depression

reddog said...

Perhaps.