Saturday, July 10, 2010

Read Free

I always go to the library for books to read at home. I buy used paperbacks to take along when I travel or am otherwise out and about and think there might be down time because I don't want to lose library books scattered about in hotel rooms and public places.

I have had many friends who have little electronic readers. They can download most books in the public domain for free. I always took for granted that copyrighted books were unavailable. Then I got to thinking the other day, as I was watching streaming video of a popular movie that only got into theaters the day before, that everything is on the Internet.

Sure enough, every book that a substantial number of people are interested in, is available for download somewhere, usually manywhere.

I may never have to go to the library again. Local public libraries may be already obsolete.

No comments: