Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Home Cruise

It was nippy over the holiday season and we got some rain. Over the last month I even turned on the heater early in the morning. Some years I don't use it at all.

Sometimes, around this season, I book a cruise down to Mexico for my wife and I. All the lines run a one weeker out of San Pedro or Long Beach down to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. This time of year it's very nice there. It would be nicer to fly down and spend a week at a resort but you can get last minute tickets for the cruises God awful cheap and don't have the expense of plane tickets. A couple weeks ago I saw one cruise they were blowing out at $299 per. For that, you almost can't afford not to go.

Turns out I can save my money. It has warmed up over the last week and a half. An air mass is moving over to us from the Mojave. A little breezy. Dry as a bone. Yesterday was in the high eighties. Today was in the nineties. Good surfing weather. Off shore winds hold the break up for a nice high curl.

No comments: