Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Open letter to President Bush

Over the last several weeks, I have been sending almost daily Emails to President Bush. Even though I know that they will not be read, it's been a very cathartic experiance. Late middle age is the time when old men sit around and whine that the World is going to Hell in a handbasket. Having to go through this unfortunate stage in life with GW Bush as President is a cruel fate. His actions fulfil every dark delusion that plagues my mind.

I have decided to cease sending my Emails to comments@whitehouse.gov/. I will instead post them on this blog, like a cry in the wilderness. I invite all others to read these posts and to comment.

I am not posting a letter at this time. The news coming out of the Middle East is so terrible and bleak, and the response by the international community is so lacking, that I am unable to express anything but revulsion and loathing. On one hand I feel like turning toward the wall, refusing to acknowledge what's coming, and on the other, I am spellbound by the purity of the reflexive animosity for everyone else, that characterizes all factions involved. This is a situation that, while religion is at its very core, no one is listening to God.

No comments: