Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's What's for Dinner.

Have you seen the menu for the White House G 20 dinner tonite? Nothing elaborate. Four courses, a choice of two entrees. Applewood smoked quail. You don't see that on the menu every day. Sounds really yummy. And four different wines. A nice champagne with the dessert plate. I'm sure Whore-Hay doesn't want to embarrass us by not offering a sophisticated and delicious repast to our friends from around the World.

I simmered up some sweet and sour cabbage with bacon ends and pieces for the weekend. I baked a big pan of cornbread. Buttermilk and hot black coffee both go good with this. You really can't get any better than that.

What are you having?

2 comments:

blunoz said...

We had take-out pizza (half pepperoni, half sausage & onion) and watched Star Wars: Clone Wars.

beebs said...

"Applewood smoked quail."

How quaint. I also cooked up some cornbread, and my wife and I had some canned chili draped atop a piece of it. I am a big cabbage fan also. Lots of nutrients for this old man.