Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Voting Experiance.

I went down to vote a little before 10. This has always proven to be a good time and it was today. The polls were a lot busier than usual but still only about ten minutes wait versus the usual no wait. The surprise was the number of non typical voters for my precinct. Usually there is nobody under fifty five to be seen. I'm fifty seven and still in the "young" demographic. There were a lot of young people there. People actually in their 20s as well as 30s. There were also some middle aged, scruffily casual, long hair types. Very unusual. Minorities in my precinct means Persians, South East Asians and illegal Hispanics. Didn't see any. Never do.

Lots of younger voters could be good for the only two other things on the ballot that I care about, besides the Presidency, this election. The first is the defeat of the California anti-gay marriage proposition and the second is the defeat of my long time Republican Congressman, who is a total scumbag.

I gotta say. If you can see a difference in voters in my almost totally Republican precinct, in the Reddest County in SoCal, there have got to be a lot of places where things will really rock and roll.

If you're excited about this election, get out and vote. If you're not, start drinking early. It's not a good day to be a Republican.

No comments: