Monday, May 25, 2009

What's Your Take On The Cancer Boy ?

Hodgkin's Disease has been one of the most successfully treated cancers for decades. There was a family friend who got Hodgkin's, in his teens, almost fifty years ago. He went through an exhaustive therapeutic process. Last I heard, he was fine.

If I was a young person with Hodgkin's and I knew with treatment there was a 95% cure rate, I'd go for it.

Still, the Cancer Boy seems aware of the situation and his chances either way. I say he's made an informed decision. So be it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it was the parents preventing the treatment, you go to court and get an order for the treatment from the judge. They do it all the time.

When the patient doesn't want the therapy, the state cannot force him to get it. Simple enough.

If it was me, I'd get the treatment, thirteen years old or not. I think that the teenager's parents are influencing his decision, in that case a court order may be necessary.