Sunday, March 16, 2008

High Times, Livin' Low-Weekend

I made hash with my loss leader corned beef tonight. Pretty damned good. I just rough chopped an onion, some potatoes and corned beef and dumped them into the big saute pan. I added some olive oil, basil, black pepper, garlic powder, a little salt and a generous splash of Noc mam, to give it some complexity of flavor, covered the pan and let it sit over low heat until the potatoes were cooked through. Then I uncovered it long enough to cook off all the moisture. To finish it, I turned up the heat, got it sizzling and flipped it a few times till every thing was brown. I like to put in some chopped bell pepper and peeled seeded tomato at the end but the old lady doesn't like that and I was already pushing it with her by putting in the black pepper and Noc mam. Should have put a fried egg on top. That corned beef is on sale 'til Wednesday morning. I may buy more.

I got some novelty bread items, off the day old rack, at Ralphs. I got cherry/chocolate bread, cranberry/walnut and raisin/walnut. In the morning, I'll make french toast for breakfast. It'll be better than anything you can get at IHOP. Little cinnamon. Little nutmeg. Maybe cardamon. We could even have bacon, all we want. Oh Ba-by! You make my coronary arteries spasm with desire! I never worry about buying too much cheap bread, my wife feeds it to the ducks at the park.

Then we'll read the newspaper.

It's cold. It's supposed to rain tonight.

Will the excitement never end?

No comments: