Thursday, July 09, 2009

Who's Buying All The Guns?

It says here that people are buying a lot of guns. I haven't bought a gun in decades. A lot of people have fully automatic weapons and small rocket launchers. I've always found the best ones at reasonable prices can be purchased or bartered for from Marines. They always have a lot. Sales of these aren't even going to show up in official figures.

I know a lot of people with guns. Some own guns because they are sportsmen. Some for home defense. Some believe a breakdown in civil authority is coming and armed militias will be necessary. They all have all the guns they want. They bought them years ago. A lot of the more serious ones reload their own ammunition and have serious quantities on hand. I know organized crime uses a lot of weapons, of all varieties, but I don't know much about that.

I don't know anyone who has been buying guns recently. They have become very expensive and nothing really new in the area of technology is available right now. People used to show me their new weapons when they got them. That hasn't happened in a long time. Maybe I'm just getting old and moving out of the current gun buying demographic.

Who do you know that's buying guns? What are they buying? What kind of people are they? What are they buying guns for? Just curious.

1 comment:

beebs said...

My brothers are going to get a couple of guns I have. They are the nice home defense AR-15s. Why they were banned in the nineties I'll never know. Probably because they look scary. But the .223 round packs a punch, perfect for home defense.

I was in the local shop getting some 9mm for my primary home defense pistol, and there were three guys with clipboards filling out paperwork. I don't figure it will stop until Barack is out of office.