Monday, May 05, 2008

Albert Hoffman---Keep on Truckin'

The Swiss researcher that discovered LSD died last week. He was 102 years old. He took some pretty hefty doses of the stuff. I guess it doesn't cause you to die young.

I used to really like Acid. It allowed you to create weather in your head. Balmy breezes and summer showers or tornados with hail, it was pretty much up to you. By about 1971, you couldn't get good LSD anymore, at least I couldn't. The stuff I could get was full of strychnine, made you sweat out stuff that smelled like witches had brewed it and made your heart pound like a sledge and anvil.

I don't think LSD will ever get popular again. It was only fun if you had the right attitude and worked at it. It was never a party drug. There's not really a lot of money in it.

I don't think I would drop acid again. It makes you think things are happening that aren't, really. That is pretty cool when you're young. For old men, it's pretty much the way everything is, all the time.

No comments: