Thursday, May 08, 2008

Well, What about it?

First, the Bush administration and their military high command lackeys asked us to believe that there was some actual evil entity we were fighting called al-Qaeda in Iraq. Now that they are targeting the Shiia, they are bringing out Hezbollah in Iraq for our approval.

Ya know, that stuff is all very well for people who are interested in politics and the global war on terror and that kind of thing. What I want to know is, what about Elvis in Iraq? Is it a true artistic homage or is it just another clapped out, roadside geek show? My wife is a really big fan of Elvis and I mean really big. It just hasn't been the same for her since the Summer of '77. I could use a break later in the Summer. Can I get a redeye in and out over the weekend with a Saturday layover at the Green Zone MGM Grand? Are the rates reasonable? Can I get a spa tub? Are tickets for E in I still available? Do they do the Rockabilly and Movie stuff? 'Cuz I hate that soggy "Caught in a Trap" and "In the Ghetto" shit and those tacky jumpsuits with all that glitter and tinsel hanging off of them. What about rental cars? I here they rent out old Caddy convertibles with 500 cubic inch engines and gas is 28 cents a gallon, all you can burn. I'd like that. I'm thinking about the end of August. I don't mind the heat, as long as the humidity isn't bad.

Why doesn't that fuckin' Petraeus ever talk about the stuff I'm interested in? Why doesn't he ever give details? What an asshole.

What about Abba in Iraq? or Led Zepplin? Don't they have anybody real there like Steve and Edie or Neil Diamond?

No comments: