Sunday, August 30, 2009

Evil Klown Pontiff, Strikes Again

Over the last few days I have seen this speech referred to on several sites but none of them linked to the actual speech, until now. Thanks, J-Walk. I call your attention to the third paragraph, where Pope Benedict appears to blame atheists for global warming and the degradation of the environment. I follow the reasoning but it really seems like an exercise in polemics. The degradation of our environment is not remotely attributable to the the atheistic community. The reverse seems more likely to be true.

The Pope is a bad man. Probably even evil. As an atheist concerned about the state of the environment and who tries to live a good life and leave a small footprint behind, I feel this kind of public utterance brings nothing to the conversation. I am not offended. I expect nothing better of him. He remains part of the problem, not the solution.

No comments: