Sunday, August 23, 2009

He Says He's Sorry

Bill Calley apologized for My Lai this week at a meeting of Rotarians in Atlanta. I always thought Calley was a stupid jerk. I still think so. I don't believe he's sorry. I believe he's sorry what he did ruined his dreams of a successful life. In truth, though, he bears no real responsibility for what happened in Vietnam 40 years ago. Those people walked away without being held to account. Most of them are dead now but they were able to spend most of the next 20 years rebuilding the military, intelligence establishment, and reactionary right wing political organization, in this country, into the horror show of religio-political extremism that we have today.

Every good Republican should get his nose right up in there and kiss Calley's ass.

No comments: