Saturday, April 10, 2010

Home Grown Tomaters?

I've never been a big gardener. I'm not the type. Still, who doesn't like home grown tomatoes? The local nursery had a real good deal on some tomato plants that were getting too big for their starter pots. I picked up a Celebrity and a Better Boy for only a few bucks apiece. They are green, bushy and beautiful. I put them in five gallon pots with a good vegetable potting soil mix. It's been a week now and they are doing really well.

I am committed to keeping them watered, fertilized and picking off the worms daily. From what I read, I could easily get twenty or thirty pounds of tomatoes from each one, maybe even more than that.

Hope springs eternal.

If I was smart, I'd have planted a few good quality marijuana seeds. Probably make a few thousand bucks, off the books. The way things are in California now, the Cops wouldn't even probably care.

No comments: