Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Prop 8 will stand in in 2010

It's official, an initiative to overturn Proposition 8, will not be on the ballot in California next Fall. It's OK with me. It can wait until 2012. The homophobe club is one of the last really good ones that we have left to beat on the conservatives with. I'd hate to lose it before we absolutely have to.

It's kind of like amnesty for illegal aliens. As soon as it happens, you know that most of them will immediately become Republicans. They are about the only ones left in this country that realize the value of hard work, at whatever kind of shitty job you can get, in pulling yourself up by your bootstraps and making a better life for yourself. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen but I'm not in any great rush for that either.

If conservatives were smart they would embrace the cause of groups like Gays and illegal aliens but it's fine with me if they don't. I may have to send a little money to Sarah Palin to make sure they stay on that straight and narrow path.

Nah, Sarah has plenty of dough. Twelve million bucks and counting, from what I hear.

2 comments:

Cut and Shoot said...

From my limited experience working with gays (that were open about it) I would doubt that marriage would have any meaning to them. They aren't exactly fans of monogamy. Most had different squeezes each week. The drama queens will most like prevail though.

reddog said...

I only know a couple of guys that want to get Gay married and most of the other Gay guys make fun of them about it. It seems to be a more popular desire among lesbians but they are, if anything, more promiscuous than Gay men, at least from my perspective.

Most Gays seem to like the idea of legalizing Gay marriage, so I say we should go along with it. It doesn't threaten my marriage. I'm 58 years old and have been married for almost half that time. If Gay people want to have the same kind of relationship with somebody that I have with my wife, the poor fuckers are welcome to it, as far as I'm concerned.

If I was to ever be in a position to be able to get married again, which I seriously doubt, I might get Gay remarried. I'm not Gay but at this point in my life, it might be an improvement. We could go camping, drink heavily, wade out and club some salmon, come Fall. If they had Gay marriage in his day, Ernest Hemmingway probably never would have committed suicide. He wasn't Gay either. Well, maybe he was. What Larks, Pip!