Monday, May 03, 2010

Bow Your Head With Great Respect And Genuflect, Genuflect, Genuflect

Thursday is the National Day of Prayer. I'm not religious but I'm not one of those people that has a problem with it. Occasions of public prayer have been going on all of my life. I'm not fond of them but I'm used to it. Public prayer has always reinforced my beliefs that the religious are boorish, stupid and oppressive louts. They don't even consider that others might not jump at the chance to grovel with them in obeisance to their Sky God. Over the years, public prayer has done a lot to strengthen my atheism.

During public prayers I do not bow my head and pretend to pray along. I stand up straight and look around.  A lot of other people do the same. We smile, wave and wink at each other. What Larks, Pip.

I don't mind public prayer.

That Franklin Graham guy is getting a lot of press over this issue now. He was on Morning Joe last night. Joe was having a hard time making him look good. I had never heard him speak before. The guy is a completely ignorant goon. His father, Billy is a very smart guy, for all that he is a big drinker, wife beater, fornicator and ethnocentric racist, among many other things. Franklin may share traits with his famous father, most sons do. Intelligence is not one of them.

No comments: