Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hear the Band. See The Crotches of Baton Twirling Cuties.

I remember when I was in high school, the Superbowl was a recent phenomenon. I think it was in 1968 they made the theme of the event "Up With America" and featured a super patriotic half time extravaganza. This was a time when the country was extremely polarized politically and the Vietnam War and and the protest against it were both at their peek.

This year they are going to have Carrie Underwood sing the National Anthem and then Queen Latifah, "America the Beautiful". At half time, the Who will hobble out and sing all the CSI theme songs. It's hard to find words to express what I think about this. They always say times change. I think maybe what they really do is melt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm holding out for Green Day or Blink 182.

Halftime shows blow nowadays. Too many effing commercials.