Friday, February 05, 2010

Go To The Superbowl?

This might be a good year to go to the Superbowl. I hear you can get shitty tickets, last minute, for about $1400 dollars each. Figure two people, coach tickets across the country, a motel for a few nights and expenses, prob'ly wouldn't cost you more than $5000, $6000 if you live it up. That seems cheap compared to what it's been in the past. I think the Superbowl isn't what it once was. Besides that, it's stormy down in Florida right now. Neither the Colts or the Saints are exactly America's team but there ought to be enough guys my age or older still out there that remember Johnny U in Baltimore and would shell out some money. It's like the American Haj, everyone needs to go at least once before they die.

I'm not lining up for tickets. We're going to Mac World in San Francisco next week, four days worth. Plane tickets and hotel from Priceline, a little pocket change for Bart and the Metro, eat a little dim sum in Chinatown, bowl of spagetti in North Beach, won't set us back more than $6-700. More my speed.

1 comment:

Cut and Shoot said...

Indianapolis 42, N.O. 28

I met Johnny U. back in 1964 or 1965. He was at the Navy Exchange in New London for some reason or another. Can't remember why. Selling a book, maybe. I did get an autograph but don't know what happened to it. Ex-wife probably threw it into the trash.