Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Christian

America is called by many a Christian nation. What is a Christian?

I don't really believe in God, at least not an activist, sentient God like many do. I don't think that Jesus, if he really existed, was any more the "Son of God" than any of the rest of us. I don't think that Mary was a virgin although I guess it could have been a case of parthenogenesis but then Jesus would have been a girl.

I think a lot of what Jesus said was good but not all of it. I'm not sure if Jesus really said or did all the things he is credited with. I don't believe in the miracles. I don't believe he rose from the dead. I don't believe he's in Heaven or that I will ever meet him there after I die. I was raised a Christian and try to follow many of the tenants. Does that make me a Christian? I have some doubts about that.

I think everybody wherever they are or how they were raised knows right from wrong and which one they are doing in any given situation. Does this mean that God communicates with us? Sometimes I think maybe it does. Does that make me religious?

I don't like a lot of people that call themselves Christians. I am uncomfortable with them. I don't like being in their churches. I prefer not to be known as a Christian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Jesus never existed" is a good site to visit. The whole man-god thing came from Egypt.

The bible is made up from sheepherder mythology. It certainly isn't a science text.

I try to be a good fellow, do unto others and etc. Works for me.