Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Drink Up Barry

Wing nuts are pouncing on Barry O's Doctor recommendation that he engage in moderate alcohol intake as proof that he is a big drunk. I don't think there is any indication that he is or has ever been a big drinker. I'm sure he has a few cocktails from time to time. If you want to be hip in African American culture and I'm sure he does, that's the way you have to go.

Even if he was a big drinker, he's only in his late 40s and healthy. Even if he whoops it up big time, he won't be in any trouble until way after he's out of the Presidency and who cares about that.

The biggest drinker we had in the White House in recent times was Nixon. LBJ went off the wagon after he was through with the Presidency and pretty much drank himself to death. I hear he liked to smoke quite a bit of Marijuana too. George Bush was a big drunk at one time and I saw video of him and Laura at the Beijing Olympics where he was totally fucked up. He looked like he was having a good time. A guy as rich as he is can't be any stranger to cocaine.

I don't know of too many successful politicians who are teatotalers, in real life. They all hit it pretty hard.

1 comment:

Cut and Shoot said...

I think Ted Kennedy beat them all when it comes to stimulation.