Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Economic Fundamentals Strong

John McCain says US economic fundamentals are strong. I'm not arguing but I'm just not seeing it. I really wish he'd share his insights with the rest of us. I for one, am getting pretty worried.

Johnny, please enumerate for us these strong fundamentals of the American economy and how you see yourself facilitating an economic rally in this country. If you can convince me that good times are ahead, I'll vote for you. I don't care if you're a crook. I don't care if you're going to help the rich steal most of it. I don't care if you stay in Iraq for a hundred years. I don't care who you want for Vice President. Like Nixon said, I just want to be assured a pair of comfortable shoes and a warm place to sleep. Couple of hot meals would be good to.

1 comment:

beebs said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Butz

He's the teller of the infamous joke, not President Nixon.