Monday, September 07, 2009

Margaret and Helen

I don't know how many of you look at my blog list. If you don't, I recommend it. Some of those featured there are authored by people that not only read my blog but leave comments. I am profoundly grateful to those few and respect them immensely, what ever their persuasions. I admire each of them. Others on the list, have blogs I read, some more than others, for any number of reasons.

One of the best blogs on my list, probably the best, is Helen and Margaret. It's just an old woman, living in America's heartland writing in letter form to her life long best friend. No art, no links, no graphics, no embedded videos. Sometimes her letters are sweet, sometimes funny, often profane. The only point of view presented is her own. It's one of the best blogs rolling around through the inner tubes. You should check it out sometimes. Don't take my word for it. In the couple years I've been reading her, I've never seen a post, even the most mundane, that didn't get hundreds of enthusiastic commenters. I'm not exaggerating, hundreds. A successful blogger will get several comments on every post and get a real discussion going, if they strike the right cord. I'm happy to get a couple comments a week and often don't.

Her latest post has a great title.

"Michelle Bachman's Burning Bush. There's A Pill For That."

Hilarious and mean at the same time and I don't think she even has a clue. Makes it even better.

No comments: