Monday, September 28, 2009

You Heard It Here First

I am declaring that there will be a backlash against the unremitting craziness of the Right that went from high gear into overdrive with the election of Barack Obama as President.

I don't know when it will happen. I don't know if it will be set off by a specific specious claim by the Right that goes too far or just an overload in the traffic of craziness. I just know it's going to happen. All this birther, communist, terrorist, race baiting and religious zealotry rabble rousing is going to boil over and burn the Wingers on the ass.

I think it will happen pretty soon. On the other hand, I was expecting the current economic meltdown to happen a couple of decades ago and the India/Pakistan nuclear war to break out in 1997. My timing could be a little off.

It's coming though. If I live long enough, I'll see it.

5 comments:

Steve Harkonnen said...

It's coming soon, but it will be a violent backlash and if so I will be waiting with a ball-peen hammer in the shadows.

I seriously doubt the right will be the ones getting burned. Us conservatives will be the ones with the gas cans and torches.

Steve Harkonnen said...

and hey....how come you never post comments on my blog?

I thought this was a two way street, yo!

reddog said...

You get quite a few comments, Steve and most of them are pretty favorable. You certainly do a lot better than I do.

I don't want to rain on your parade but if you want my comments, I'd be glad to leave a few.

Steve Harkonnen said...

Rain all the way. One thing I won't do is make personal blasts against opposing ideas. I feel that the comments section should always be left free and clear, even if the commenter wants to post something negative on what I say.

One good thing about trading comments....we get better comment traffic that way. People will come by to visit the blogs of commenters.

reddog said...

I write this mostly like a diary or journal. I like to have readers and comments but it's not a primary focus.

If I got paid for the audience I attracted, it might be different. I doubt it will ever be different.

See ya round, Shipmate.