Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze, Dead

Patrick Swayze died today of pancreatic cancer. Can't say I was really a fan. I liked Red Dawn a lot but it was the old guys that really made the movie great. Ben Johnson, Harry Dean Stanton. Powers Boothe. William Smith was great and so was that guy who was Super Fly. Who remembers his name? Not me. You don't see them much. You really get your money's worth from John Milius.

Patrick lasted a couple of years after he was diagnosed. Usually it's only a matter of weeks. I guess he was a fighter.

He probably drank and smoked too much. He should have paced himself better. I'm probably not the best guy to make pronouncements like that, if you know what I mean. I'm not any older than he was and it wouldn't exactly be a big surprise if I got the same news tomorrow.

It's a shame. The guy had it made. Now somebody else will get the money and the good life. Not me. On the other hand, I am still alive. That's something.

No comments: