Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The smell of old boar meat

Have you ever cooked and eaten the meat of an uncastrated old boar? It's tough and stringy. If you soak it in something acidic, like vinegar or lime juice for a day or two beforehand, it's better. It doesn't taste bad but when it's cooking, the house fills up with a strong, acrid smell. Testosterone, the meat's full of it.

Now that I'm getting old, when I piss, the bathroom fills up with the same smell. Same reason. I'm saturated in testosterone and probably related androgens as well. You'd think that the effect of this might be an increase in sex drive. It's not. My sex drive is nothing like it was twenty years ago but it clearly affects my personality. I'm a lot more solitary. There is a lot of suspiciousness involved when I interact with others, resulting in much higher background levels of meanness and paranoia. I think I control it pretty well but it's always there. I'm here to tell ya. You should be very careful in your dealings with uncastrated old men. They're prone to an unpleasant turn of mind.

No comments: