Saturday, October 31, 2009

Headstone Decoration

Did you know that the Veteran's administration has authorized the Wiccan Pentangle for inscription on your GI issue tombstone, if you so desire? I just found that out.

I don't think I'm interested. It looks too much like some kind of Devil worship thing. That's way to serious for me.

I kind of like the yin yang symbol but that's not authorized. Buddhists get the Wheel of Life instead. I told my wife once I wanted that one. It's kind of nice. It reminds me a little of the Navy Quartermaster rate badge, is why I chose it.

There may be several additional religious symbols available since I checked last. It's been several years, since I went to order a headstone for uncle Hugh. He was an Army clerk in World War II. He was a pianist and could also type like the wind. Spent a few years in London. He had a good time there. They were pretty open minded about Gay boys, compared to the States.

Does anybody know if there are any new, cool symbols available for display on headstones? A Druidic All Seeing Eye might be classy. It's too bad there isn't really an appropriate one for me. I guess I could spend a little of my own money and have somebody chisel a broken bar stool into it. It's not like I'll be needing the money at that point and there is bound to be at least a little left. The whole point of it is that it's free though. It just wouldn't be right.

No comments: